Here are some tips to improve and maintain scalp health.
This is applicable for all hair types, but is especially important for those with wavy and curly hair, as we don't tend to brush our hair (hair brushing is like a mini, stimulating scalp massage. It also releases loose strands).
- Regularly clarify to prevent product build-up (but don't overdo it).
- Massage to help promote circulation and release those loose hairs, using either hands or a scalp massager.
- Pre-poo - massage oil into your roots before shampooing. This has several benefits including helping maintain moisture: great for curly and wavy hair which tends to be drier than straight hair.
- Don't plop for too long (bacteria loves a warm, damp environment). I recommend up to 30 minutes.
- Likewise, don't go to bed with wet hair.
- When applying products, keep them away from your scalp. Upside-down styling makes this easier.
It's really important to look after our scalps, and I hope these tips help you look after yours.